Cook for two days, so you can relax on the second day!
- 100gr butter
- 1 onion
- 1 parsnip
- 1 big potato
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 heads of medium cauliflower
- 200g buckwheat groats
- 3 bay leaves
- 100ml double cream
- Fresh rocket
- Almond flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the onion, melt the butter in a pot and fry the onion until soft.
- Add 2 litres of boiling water and the bay leaves.
- Peel, grate and add the potato, parsnip and carrots.
- Chop the cauliflowers and add them to the pot.
- Simmer the soup on the low heat until all vegetables are soft.
- In the meantime cook the buckwheat groats and toast the almond flakes.
- Add salt and pepper, then the cream (just before serving). Blend if you want for a creamy texture.
- Serve with 50g buckwheat groats.
- Sprinkle with fresh rocket, toasted almond flakes and some buckwheat groats.