Midjourney is a text-to-image AI where the imagination is the only limit. I have recently come across it and thought it could be incorporated into any team building activities.
The steps below give you the basic access to the tool:
- Register at https://www.midjourney.com/home to join the beta.
2. You will get a confirmation link sent to your email.
3. Once you have an account, download the Discord app.
4. You will see this when you open the app.
5. Click on the menu (top left) and choose one of the newcomer rooms, e.g. newbies 119.
6. In the message box (the bottom of the screen) type: /imagine prompt:
This is where your creativity starts.
7. Type up the key words or phrases you or your group want the AI to process.
1. Pick a theme.
2. Ask your learners to share some related key words, phrases or sentences.
3. If you teach a big group, it may be worth to consider to ask the learners to work in sub-groups, so you don’t have too many items.
4. Type up your prompts into the app and wait for the magic to happen 🙂
5. If you are happy with the result, save/download it and decide where you would like to keep it.
A few more things to be aware of:
- You have only 20 free images available.
- If you need some inspiration, check out the key words/phrases used by others.
- The feed moves quickly so you need to scroll up or down to find your image that is being processed.
- Save or send your image immediately to ensure you have a copy.
- If you only like or need one of the four images created click on one of the U’s (with the number of the picture you want to upscale). At that point a new image will be created so scroll down to find it and save it.