This time a lighter twist with a rose scent… Inspired by Limone sul Garda, Italy.
200g wholegrain spelt flower
65g ground demerara sugar
100g unsalted butter
1 egg yolk
a pinch of salt
2 tablespoons of water
85ml lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon
150ml Greek yoghurt
dried rose buds for decoration
- Mix and knead all pastry ingredients until smooth, shape the dough into a ball and chill for 30min in the freezer.
- For the filing, whisk the eggs and add all the remaining ingredients. Mix until well combined. Chill in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Roll out the pastry and put into a 23cm tart tin, prick the base with a fork.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for about 30 min until crisp and dry.
- Remove the pastry case from the oven and reduce the temperature to 150°C. Pour the filling into the pastry case. Bake for 25 min, until set.
- Cool before serving. Decorate with rose buds or whatever handy!